The Glasser/Schoenbaum Human Services Center is called the “Center of Caring” because it is home to over 18 non-profit health and human services agencies that help low income and at risk adults, children and families achieve and maintain productive lives as participating, contributing members of our community. The center occupies 14 buildings in a location selected for its accessibility by public transportation. It is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization.
The Glasser/Schoenbaum Human Services Center Mission Statement: Our mission is to be the leader of a collaborative community providing high quality, accessible facilities and resources for the local human services nonprofit sector.
To the resident agencies:
- Minimal monthly rental fee, frees up more dollars for programs and services and more time to do their work for clients;
- Easy collaboration with other resident agencies;
- Free use of Conference Center;
- More efficient case management;
- and ample parking.
To the individuals and families:
- Affordable preventative and treatment services in one location;
- Easy access by public transportation;
- Improved quality of services through increased collaboration among agencies;
- The opportunity to become productive, self-sustaining members of our community.
To the community:
Each year, 45,000 clients receive services from the agencies housed at the Center. Best estimates show that our campus has saved our tenant partner agencies over $10 million in operational expenses since we opened our doors 27 years ago. The improvement to clients’ quality of life, of course, is unquantifiable but is perhaps the greatest measure of the successful outcomes of the 79 programs offered by our tenant partner agencies.